Congratulations on taking the first step towards a better you by scheduling your first personal training session! We are excited to be a part of your health and fitness journey. To help make this first step as easy as possible for you, we’ve compiled a list of tips that will help you best prepare for your first personal training session. As always, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you on your health and fitness journey!
- Hydrate with water – make sure to drink plenty of water the day of your session or if you have an early morning session, make sure you hydrate adequately the day before.
- No big meals before a workout – try to avoid any large meals at least a few hours before your first personal training session (or any session). Eating too much volume and too close to your workout may cause you to feel uncomfortable and leave you with an upset stomach, which is not ideal for your workout! If you must eat before your workout, keep it to a small portion.
- Wear comfortable and breathable clothing – workout clothes that can easily stretch and are light in weight will best suit the movements you will be doing and light clothes will help you cool down more quickly when you start to sweat!
- Clear an area where you would like to workout – there is no space too small or too large for a workout. Our trainers are very skilled and creative at utilizing various spaces for great workouts. Before your trainer arrives, clear a space where you would like to workout. If you need help moving any furniture or other items, our trainers will be happy to assist you when they arrive.
- Have water and a small towel handy – keep water handy to hydrate throughout your workout and a small towel to wipe off any sweat!
- Feel free to ask your trainer any questions – communication is extremely important between you and your trainer. The better the communication, the better your workouts you will be. Please do not hesitate to ask your trainer any questions you may have before, during, or after the workout.
Have fun! – most importantly, relax and have fun! Our trainers are highly skilled, experienced, and solely focused on giving you the best workout possible. Enjoy your first personal training session; you’re in good hands!